Dr. BIJOY K BALAKRISHNAN
MBBS, MS (Obstetrics & Gynaecology)
Dr. Bijoy Balakrishnan is the Consultant Obstetrician at CIMAR. Dr. Bijoy is also Specialist lead consultant, Fetal Medicine Unit, CIMAR (Edappal and Cochin) since 2007. The Fetal Medicine Unit deals with 5,500 deliveries annually, of which 30 % are high-risk pregnancies. The center has been recognized by the National Board to impart Fellowship in high risk pregnancy and perinatology, the third such institute in India and the first in Kerala.
Qualifications and Training
- MBBS – 1999, Karnatak University, Dharwad.
- MS – 2006, Behrampur University.
- Prenatal diagnostic techniques (Wadia Hospital, Mumbai)
- Certified First Trimester scanning with nuchal translucency (Fetal Medicine Foundation, UK)
- 3D/4D ultrasound (Mediscan, Chennai)
- Fetoscopy (CEMAST, Mumbai)
- Provisional lecturer, Thrissur Medical College 2006
- Consultant, Lakeshore Hospital and Research Centre 2007
- Executive member of First trimester screening committee 2015
- Executive member of the Fetal cardiology working group 2015
- Assistant editor of the Journal of Fetal medicine 2016
- HOD Department of FNB in High risk pregnancy perinatology 2017
- Peer reviewer for the British journal of obstetrics & gynecology